Problem For Mother Earth:
Plastic pollution can create significant problems for human and ecosystem health. By taking responsible action, we can help lessen this issue.
THE SOLUTION: THE THREE R’S – REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
Reduce your own plastic waste. Take steps to reduce your waste.
Always choose quality and durability over convenience. Single-use bags, cups, and other products cost you more in the long term — and also cost our planet.
Find the plastics you don’t need and recycle them properly. If possible, replace them with long-lasting options.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Bring your own reusable shopping bags to the supermarket, avoid using plastic bags.
- Bring your own reusable coffee cup when going out to get beverages.
- Like sipping through straws? Get a durable stainless steel, glass, or bamboo one to use instead of wasteful plastic ones.
- Invest in a water filter instead of buying water in plastic bottles, it’s cheaper in the long run.
- Make your own reusable cloth bags from old t-shirts.
- Choose clothing and personal items made from earth-friendly materials instead of synthetic fibers, which pollute our water.
- Bring reusable containers to restaurants when you expect to have leftovers.